Starting today and through the end of the year, get the Deck of Fate app for 33% off!
I am a programmer, and one of the co-founders of Hidden Achievement.
Posts made by Jason
Release 1.2.1 (12 November, 2016)
Release 1.2.1 makes the Tianxia Arcana expansion available on Kindle Fire devices. It also includes a handful of fixes and changes across all platforms:
- Removes the "Brawling" skill from the DFRPG skill list
- Adds the "Investigation" skill to the DFRPG skill list
- Changes the default setting for decks to always display cards upright. The previous behavior of allowing inverted cards can still be enabled in the deck options.
- Adds some missing card art back to the help pages
- Fixes a bug that was causing custom skill profiles to save incorrectly
This release should be available by the end of day on November 13 for Android, and will be released for iOS as soon as app review is complete.
A little something we've been working on
For the most part, I like focusing on our own games here, but one of the things we also do is work on games that other people make.
One of the big projects we've been working on just released: Banner Saga 2 for iOS and Android. It even made Editor's Choice on the App Store for iOS.
Our work largely involved integration with the specific platforms - getting things like achievements and leaderboards working, expansion purchasing, and that sort of thing.
Add-ons option disabled on iOS? Some solutions here.
The initial release of the update for iOS inadvertently disabled the Tianxia product in the App Store, which resulted in a disabled Add-ons menu option in the app. This should be corrected now, but you may have to kill and restart the app to get it to request the product list again. To do so, double-tap the home button and flick the app to remove it from the running app carousel.
If that doesn't help, also check that purchasing isn't disabled under Settings->General->Restrictions on your device.
If you still can't get it to work, post a message here or send an email to email@example.com and we'll work with you to try to figure out what else may be causing the problem.
Latest Release Information (23 May 2016)
We're happy to announce the release of version 1.2 of the Deck of Fate app for Android and iOS as of 23 May 2016.
The big news with this update is the first addition of a new set of cards: The Tianxia Arcana cards from the Tianxia: Blood, Silk & Jade setting for Fate Core by Vigilance Press. These new arcana cards are available as an add-on purchase inside the app, and include a new set of core arcana cards, a new set of accelerated arcana cards, and a new Tianxia deck back.
This update includes the following additional changes:
- Moved the credits to a Help page to make room on the main menu
- Added lower-resolution artwork variants to reduce memory use on devices with small screens
RE: Devices and Online Capability?
Our initial targets are iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OSX. As we're working on the app, we'll also be evaluating others.
We're planning several modes of play for the game:
- Single player, using the same rules as the tabletop version
- Pass-and-play, for multiple players on a single device
- LAN multiplayer, for multiple devices in the same network
- Internet multiplayer
Since the game is cooperative, and already has single-player rules, there isn't really a mode for playing against AI, and we're not planning to add an AI multiplayer mode at this point.
You'll have to make sure to let us know when you're streaming, and we can try to drop by your channel to say hi.