There might be a couple things here - first, it looks like one of our SSL certificate on our web server expired today. That's now updated, and might fix the problem. Another possibility is that we do have a known issue with the iPad Pro keyboard dropping part of the input when used to enter text in the game. If you're using the keyboard and the updated certificate didn't already fix the issue, try typing in your username and password using the on-screen keyboard.
I am a programmer, and one of the co-founders of Hidden Achievement.
Posts made by Jason
RE: trouble logging in on an iPad
RE: Cannot register
Sorry to hear you're having trouble registering. Those emails should be sent out nearly instantly when you register. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why they might be being delayed on their way to you. That could be anywhere between our servers and Amazon's mail system and your mail provider.
I also manually extended the expiration time on the registration code from your latest registration attempt. I can send that code to you and bypass the slow email systems, if you email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
RE: Online Multiplayer Using Different Platforms
Online multiplayer mode has similar limitations to direct IP connection, in that the host must set up their network to allow incoming connections - which may involve modifying settings on your gateway to enable port forwarding.
The specific instructions for setting that up will depend on the gateway hardware used on the host's network. We have some additional information to help with setting that up
We're still working on an improved implementation of Online Multiplayer that uses our servers to work around requiring that additional setup.
RE: Unable to login.
We just rolled out a fix for this. During today's update, we missed an update to a server component that was needed to go with the new version of the game. Make sure you're updated to version 1.1.0.
If you're still having problems after this fix and after updating, please let us know!
Release Notes: Version 1.1.0
Version 1.1.0 is now out. This update brings Hank Walker, Alias: Ra from the Sentinels of the Multiverse as a new expansion to the game. The Hank Walker, Alias: Ra deck was one of the expansions that was originally opened up as part of the Kickstarter campaign for the tabletop version of the game.
In addition to the new expansion, this version also includes a number of fixes and improvements:
- Added a few missing inbound and outbound markers.
- Susan's 'The Beast Within' no longer fails if it is the last card in Susan's hand when she rolls a - during play.
- Corrected a typo in Thomas' Misdirect Card
- The Back button on the Join Direct Game screen now works again.
- Scrollbars now have a consistent appearance in the Manual.
- The port field for direct network games now displays correctly.
- Action card dice rolls are now more obviously announced.
- It is now possible to cancel out of the login process when being prompted for a 2FA code.
- Add UI to request 2FA code via email.
- Fixed a number of cases where the game would think a card was zoomed and block further progression.
- Fixed the default animation speed. Tutorial now always uses default.
- Stats now format correctly when they have more than 2 digits.
- When viewing targets for an action card, more of the possible modifier cards on the board now are highlighted.
- It is no longer possible to play cards when an obstacle causes insufficient fate. This fixes bugs with Morgan Is Watching (Storm Front) and Charity's Distrust (Proven Guilty) allowing actions when exactly the correct amount of fate is available before the obstacle effect.
- The showdown triggers correctly when caused by Harry's "Insulting Costume" variant.
- Enchanted duster now adds the correct damage to a target.
- Added a link to Shannon Applecline's Strategy Guide on the Evil Hat site from the GUIDE section of the main menu.
- Table Talk Mode options are now available when setting up Hotseat games.
- Added a new solitaire difficulty option to give each character an extra card, making it the equivalent of a 3-player pass-and-play game.
- The expansion shop screen is now paged instead of scrollable.
- Mobile versions now do a better job of remembering purchased expansions when offline.
- Game Center achievements for "You've Had Every Advantage In Life" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" are now properly credited.
RE: Looping the music/ambient tracks
It should already be looping or playing the audio on shuffle based on the settings in the options during play. We'll look at that to make sure it's correctly restarting the audio (or starting a new track if it's set to shuffle) after the current track finishes.
Why doesn't the Showdown let me roll on cases at the end of Proven Guilty?
The Proven Guilty showdown card does not have any options for rolling to add Hits to Foes. This means that only Case cards can be solved through showdown rolls when playing that deck.
Remember that card effects will still trigger during the showdown, so you can still add Hits to Foes that way.
RE: Proven guilty showdown does recognize foes with hits
That's correct - the Proven Guilty showdown doesn't provide options to roll to add hits to foes (hint: effects from solved cases can still add hits during the showdown).
White Night has a similar showdown, which doesn't have options to roll to add clues to cases.
Would it help if we showed the showdown card during game setup for the regular books, similar to how the Side Jobs deck already does?