Jonathan Villar Jersey

• SCOTTSDALE <a title="Orlando Arcia Jersey" href="http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey">Orlando Arcia Jersey</a> , Ariz. (AP) — Accustomed to the postseason, Daniel Murphy built his free agent checklist around playoff contenders.When the ascendant Colorado Rockies showed as much interest in Murphy as he had in them, working out the details of a two-year, $24 million contract was no big deal.“When you get to a point in your career where I am at, there’s a lot more baseball behind me than in front of me,” said Murphy, who reported this week for the Rockies. “Being fortunate enough to play in the postseason the last four seasons, it is something that I want to do, and this organization is built to do that. This is a team built to win now.”The Rockies achieved a franchise first by making consecutive playoff appearances, in the NL wild card game in 2017 and the NLDS in 2018, and Murphy sees no reason to believe the progression will slow.“Hopefully I can be part of a ball club that goes deeper than that,” Murphy said. “The pitching staff is really underrated. What they were able to do at altitude last year was very impressive. I think the lineup is deep and dangerous.”The move also seems a good fit for the Rockies, who will play Murphy at first base and move Ian Desmond to center field.Murphy played in only 91 games between Washington and the Cubs last season after being delayed because of offseason micro-fracture surgery on his right knee, but in the five previous seasons he averaged 40 doubles, 15 homers and 78 RBIs with a .302 batting average and .464 slugging percentage.That type of production could help invigorate an offense that hit .256 <a title="Jonathan Villar Jersey" href="http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-jonathan-villar-jersey">Jonathan Villar Jersey</a> , had a .322 on-base percentage and will be without departed free agents DJ LeMahieu and Carlos Gonzalez. That batting average was the lowest in franchise history, and the on-base percentage was second-lowest.“He’s going to help our guys in a lot of ways,” Colorado manager Bud Black said. “Love the experience. Love the playoff experience. He’s been with winning teams. He’s played well in the postseason. This guy is a tough, tough player. What he does through an at-bat — the lower strikeout, controls the strike zone. That’s an at-bat that everybody watches, And his ball talk is great.”A career .299 hitter in 10 seasons, Murphy has done even more in high-leverage situations. He has hit .309 in 25 playoff games, starting with a memorable 2015 postseason in which he hit three homers for the Mets in the NLDS victory over the Dodgers and four more in an NLCS victory over the Cubs. He has a career .327 batting average with runners in scoring position.“One of the big things that I try to accomplish with runners in scoring position is being a little more aware of when I get a good pitch to hit to put a good swing on it and not miss it,” he said. “So maybe take fewer chances and try to ensure that I am going to center the baseball. Contact can kind of cover over a lack of power.”Murphy also has had great success at Coors Field, hitting .330 with 10 doubles and 19 RBIs in 26 games there.“I don’t think it is necessarily a ballpark built for more homers, but it is a ballpark that is built for more offensive production,” Murphy said. “It is a place that if you are able to make contact, there are rewards for that. And making contact is one of the few skills that I possess in this game.”Murphy, 33, has spent most of his career at second base and has not played first base regularly since playing 97 games there in 2009 and 46 in 2011 with the Mets.Both he and the Rockies see a short re-acclimation period.“He knows at this point in his career that it is best for him and best for the team he is on <a title="http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-lorenzo-cain-jersey" href="http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-lorenzo-cain-jersey">http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-lorenzo-cain-jersey</a> ,” Black said. “He’s a natural infielder.” Denis Poroy/Getty ImagesThe Cleveland Indians announced Thursday that they acquiredAll-Star closerBrad Handand pitcher Adam Cimber from the San Diego Padres in exchange for catcher Francisco Mejia.Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic first reported the deal.Hand has appeared in 41games this season and boasts a 3.17 FIP. His 13.2 strikeouts per nine innings are on pace to be a career high.Hand first became a full-time reliever in 2016 after the Padres claimed him off waivers from the Miami Marlins. The left-hander then enjoyed a career year,posting a 2.92 ERA and a 3.07 FIP, and averaging 11.2 strikeouts per nine innings.Hand was even better in 2017 after replacing Fernando Rodney and Brandon Maurer as San Diego's regular closer. He registered 21 saves and struck out an average of 11.8 batters, while his ERA and FIP improved to2.16 and 3.03, respectively.The Padres rewarded Hand with a three-year extension worth $19.7 million. The contract includes a $10 million club option for 2021.Elite closers are generally luxuries for losing teams rather than necessities, but Hand's contract provided the Padres with at least one reason to consider keeping him.By giving Eric Hosmer an eight-year, $144 million deal this past offseason, the franchise indicated it wants to be a winner in the near future.By 2021, San Diego may have climbed toward playoff contention, at which point having somebody such as Hand would be much more important.With that said, Hand's contract also meant the Padres could demand even more in a trade. He's under team control for up to three more years, so San Diego didn't have to settle for a meager return because it risked losing him for nothing in the offseason.General manager A.J. Preller has done well to rebuild the Padres' farm system after they tried to fast-track their journey back to the playoffs in 2015. Much as he did with Craig Kimbrel, Drew Pomeranz and James Shields, Preller flipped Hand for younger players who further strengthen one of MLB's best farm systems.Following the 2018 MLB draft, Bleacher Report's Joel Reuter placed the Padres third behind the Atlanta Braves and Chicago White Sox in his farm system rankings. Although San Diego is headed for an eighth straight losing season <a title="Jhoulys Chacin Jersey" href="http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-jhoulys-chacin-jersey">Jhoulys Chacin Jersey</a> , the team's outlook is undeniably bright.Although their bullpen was one of their biggest strengths last season, it is now the Indians' biggest Achilles' heel. Andrew Miller is on the DL, and closer Cody Allen currently has a 4.66 ERA.Hand fills a huge need, and Cimber should contribute as well since he has a 3.17 ERA in 41 appearances this season.The 22-year-old Mejia has appeared in just one MLB game this season, but he is a highly touted prospect due to his hitting ability.In 79 games at the Triple-A level, Mejia is hitting .279 with seven home runs and 45 RBI this season.For the Indians, acquiring Hand is a win-now move, but his contract ensures Cleveland has some time to show this trade was worth it. Should the team fall short of its goal in 2018, Hand will be around for 2019, 2020 and potentially 2021.Cleveland paid a steep price for Hand, but there are multiple avenues through which this can be a worthwhile venture. Stats are courtesy of FanGraphs